Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Obsessions:Perfumes

If you are like me, you have multiple obsessions, whether it be food, a website, a television show, a singer, makeup, or anything else. One of my biggest is perfumes, but not just perfumes. I'm talking lotion, body spray, shower gel, room spray, bubble bath, and just about anything else scented. The amount that I have accumulated is a bit ridiculous, but hey. I enjoy it! So here is a brief look at some of my collection! But in this blog post, I will just be talking about the legitimate perfumes rather than everything scented.
 


Here I keep lotion, perfume, body spray, room spray, hand sanitizers, wall flowers. and hand soap.
 
 
Perfumes: These can be a bit pricey, but they are great if you really like one. They can be great things to ask for/give as gifts. You can also get sample vials and rollerballs for cheaper (or for free), which are great if you are on a budget, or for gifts (hello stocking stuffers!). Here are my perfumes and my thoughts on them:

 
~Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez, 1 oz.-My favorite summer scent that I own! It is so fruity, sweet, and girly. I absolutely love it! If I had to describe what it smells like or try to guess the notes, I would say it smells like really sweet oranges.
~Fantasy by Britney Spears, 1.7 oz.-If you are just starting out with perfumes, I feel like every girl should own a Britney Spears perfume. I am not a big fan of Britney, but her perfumes are amazing. They last all day, and not a day goes by that you wear one and you don't get compliments. I only own two at the moment, one of them being the original Fantasy. To me, it smells fruity and sweet. A lot of people say it smells just like cotton candy. I wore this religiously from 5th grade until the end of 7th grade.
~Hidden Fantasy by Britney Spears, 1.7 oz.-This isn't one of my favorites, although I don't dislike it. To be honest, I would not have bought it full price, however, I found it at TJ Maxx for only seven dollars, which I couldn't pass up. It is definitely more of a peppery, oriental scent.
~Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton, 3.4 oz.-I fell in love with this about 2 years ago Christmas shopping at Kohl's, didn't purchase it for myself because I was Christmas shopping, but then got it from my Nana for Christmas (gotta love her!). It is definitely a mature scent, and smells so much more expensive than you would think it would. I absolutely hate the packaging though, which is my only complaint.
~Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson, 3.4 oz.-Definitely a great summer scent. Smells like flowers, but with a little bit of lemon and sweetness added in there. It's a very light scent too, which is a plus for school so you don't blast anyone out of the park in the middle of a test.
~Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, 1 oz.-My all time favorite scent. Both me and my mom fell in love with it in the middle of Sephora, and I was going to hold off on it until I had money, but my mom decided she had to buy it for me so she could use it as well. We didn't purchase the full 3.4 oz. bottle though, because this perfume is ridiculous amounts of expensive. I am sure you can get free samples at Dillard's or somewhere, especially during the holiday season, so make sure you go check that out! It smells to me like a roasted marshmallows and everything sweet. It is very mature and a great scent all around.
~Purr by Katy Perry, .5 oz.-This is a bit of a strange perfume to me. It smells good, but something about it makes me almost hate it, and I don't know why. I got it from TJ Maxx for 4 dollars, which means I couldn't smell it before I bought it. It is almost sickening to me, and I really don't understand why. It's just so strong. To me, it almost smells like blueberries mixed with a ton of musk. It's definitely a night time perfume.
~Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs, 2.5 oz.-Definitely another one of my favorite summer time fragrances. It smells so soapy, fresh, and light, it is great for if you don't know what other perfume to wear. I also think that Marc Jacobs has the best packaging for his perfumes than any other designer, which is definitely a plus!
~Wild Rose by Avril Lavigne, 1 oz.-One of my first perfumes that I ever got! I bought it for myself after falling in love with it at Kohl's at the end of my 7th grade year. I used to go to the perfume section at Kohl's when I went there just so I could spray it on myself and wear it around all day. It is such a sweet floral scent, and it is so girly and perfect. I love it!
~Posh by Rue 21-For only a ten dollar perfume, I am pretty pleased with it. It doesn't last on the skin long at all, but they give you quite a bit of it, so if you spray it a couple times throughout the day, you are good to go. It smells just like green apples and pears, and I absolutely love it. It is almost sour smelling, which I know doesn't sound appealing, but I mean it in the best way possible! I couldn't find the notes of it, but I did find a picture of the bottle, which is gorgeous by the way!
~Too Too by Betsey Johnson, 1 oz.-Betsey Johnson is my all time favorite designer by the way, and if you love her as well, here is a tip: Check your local thrift stores, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc, because more than likely they have a ton of her stuff! I have some of her sunglasses, bags, perfumes, belts, and a lot more because of that reason. And with her having her own television show, her prices are about to skyrocket, I can guarantee it. Anyway, Too Too is a great mature scent. It is very strong though, so be careful with how much you put on. It is a floral scent for lack of a better word, and is extremely musky. I find that it is best for the fall and winter, but you could probably get away with it all year round!
~Betsey Johnson by Betsey Johnson, 1 oz.-This is definitely a lighter, more spring scent compared to Too Too, but the basic idea of it is the same. It is still a good musky floral scent, just with a little less maturate and spiciness.
~Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, .5 oz.-This to me, is a great scent for all year round. It is super sweet, and berry-ish, with a little bit of musk. I wouldn't call it a mature scent at all though. It is pretty strong, so watch how much you put on, because it can give you and everyone else around you a headache for sure.
See it and it's notes here: http://www.sephora.com/wonderstruck-P296502
~Poppy Flower by Coach, 1 oz.-This is the epitome of spring to me. It smells like straight up honeysuckle flowers, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Like some of the others, it is very strong. 1 squirt is definitely enough to last you quite a while.
~Rebelle by Rihanna, 1 oz.-So sweet, and pretty much smells like straight up brown sugar. It is great for the fall and winter, and isn't too strong! I personally hate the packing though. It is such an awkward shape to store or have on display, and it is just tacky to me.
~Amor Amor by Cacharel, 1 oz.-Definitely a fruity, summery scent, but it's another one from TJ Maxx that I couldn't smell before I purchased and really can't stand it. It is also sickening to me, and is way too strong for me to handle. The scent reminds me of Posh from Rue 21 with a ton of musk dumped into it. I have to say I am not a fan.
 
Next, I am going to tell you the sample vials that I have, but I am not going to describe them to you because that would just take way too long. I will find the links to them for you though, and tell you if it is a hit or miss to me (if I like it or dislike it)!:D If you want me to do a review on any specific one, let me know in the comments down below! I would be more than happy to!
-Angel by Thierry Mugler; hit; http://www.sephora.com/angel-P9864
-Cleopatra by Tocca; hit; http://www.sephora.com/cleopatra-P54900
-Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel; hit; http://www.sephora.com/coco-mademoiselle-P12495
-Lady Million by Paco Rabanne; hit; http://www.sephora.com/lady-million-P269118
-Clean Rain by Clean; hit; http://www.sephora.com/rain-P375720
-Harajuku Lovers G, Baby, Music, Lil Angel, and Love; Collection as a whole was a miss. The only one I like is G; http://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Harajuku-Lovers.html
-Curve Crush for Women by Liz Claiborne; miss; http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Liz-Claiborne/Curve-Crush-2175.html
 
So I hope I could help you guys out in finding the perfect perfume for you! Go check out your local perfume counters to see if they will make you samples/have samples in the store that they will give you! A lot of times they do!
 
I should have more of these My Obsessions blog posts up soon, and I intend on doing some more scent related things like body mists, home fragrance things, makeup, lotion, etc. Let me know if there is anything you want me to blog about, if you want a review of something, etc. I would be more than happy to do them<3

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment